Activate voice calling on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is rolling out voice calling feature on invite only basis. The voice calling feature is supposedly available in the latest WhatsApp app (v2.11.508) for Android but is not accessible until you get an invite.
Now if you can’t wait till the voice calling feature rolls out for everyone and wanna feel the user interface here is simple guide to activate the voice calling feature.
This trick is known to be working only on some devices with Lollipop and Kitkat however we heard some people got it working on Jellybean also.
How to activate voice calling feature?
Follow these steps to activate voice calling feature :
- Download and install Whatsapp Apk From Official Site – http://www.whatsapp.com/android/
- In any file explorer (I suggest ES File Explorer) goto to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_pref
- Open file com.whatsapp_preferences.xml with ES Note Editor or any text editor you prefer.
- Add following lines exactly under <map> tag and save the file.
- <boolean name=”call” value=”true” />
- <string name=”call_allowed”>all</string>
- Restart whatsapp and you will have following interface.
whatsapp voice calling
[img src=https://www.aquicklookat.com/wp-content/flagallery/whatsapp-voice-calling/thumbs/thumbs_img-20150203-wa0006.jpg]3510whatsapp voice calling
[img src=https://www.aquicklookat.com/wp-content/flagallery/whatsapp-voice-calling/thumbs/thumbs_picsart_1422904284261.jpg]3060whatsapp voice calling
Note : You need to be rooted in order to use this trick.